Tuesday, June 19, 2012

28 weeks

Here's to catching up! I haven't been able to blog in a while because my mom was in town. I had so much fun with her while she was here and miss her so much now but I'm so excited because she and my dad will be back in September for the arrival of our little boy!




I never wrote a post for 27 weeks but it was quite uneventful anyways. The 28th week however was full of new symptoms and an amazing baby shower and time spend with my mom. :)

During the week my mom was here I unfortunately experienced three new pregnancy symptoms. All of them very uncomfortable.

The first one was pretty normal. I woke up one day with terrible shoulder pain from only being able to sleep in one position. Let me tell you, I am so looking forward to sleeping however I want again! Luckily, my mom is a physical therapist so she massaged my shoulder and by the next day it was feeling much much better!

However, the next day I experienced the next symptom. It's a common one that i've encountered before but not as intense. When my mom was here I picked up on my walking again. We were doing 2 miles a day and I wasn't winded or tired. I was glad to be exercising regularly again but on the 4th day of walking I got a bad cramp on my right side. I've always been a runner so I am used to cramps. I slowed down though because I am more cautious now that I am pregnant.
Unfortunately, it wasn't going away so I walked my way slowly back home thinking I just needed to drink some water and sit down and it would go away. Boy was I wrong! It kept getting worse and worse. I would describe it as someone repeatedly stabbing you in the side. Not fun at all. I was pretty sure it was ligament pain but I called my doctor's office just to be sure and the nurse said to rest and it would go away within a few hrs to a few days. I could barely walk for the rest of the day and by the next day I could walk but very slowly. It sucked being so immobile!
Moral of the story is during pregnancy the ligaments holding up the uterus are working overtime so anytime you feel them get slightly irritated, stop what you are doing and rest or else they will just get more and more irritated! Sorry ligaments! haha

The last symptom, also common, was heartburn. I have never had heartburn in my life until I got pregnant and I really haven't had it very bad until last Friday. I woke up with it and then had to go to the Dr and do my glucose test (aka drinking a repulsive sugary drink that by the way has red 40 in it - I'm sure that's great for the baby - and then getting 3 tubes of blood drawn) so needless to say that didn't help the heartburn at all! My mom read some home remedies and I ended up getting rid of it by that night. I think the best thing is to keep hydrated which I tend to forget to do.

Enough with my sob story of aliments. I also had my baby shower this weekend! It was a really good time! Quite a few of my friends couldn't make it but it was a small group of close friends and family and I really enjoyed it!

It was blue and yellow airplane theme and we had lots of nutritious snacks and not so nutritious yummy cake and cupcakes! I got lots of wonderful gifts and it made me so excited for my boy to be here!



One of my favorite gifts was ... are you ready ... the B.O.B running stroller from my cousin and aunt!!! I cannot tell you how exciting this was for me! I feel so so blessed! I seriously just want to stare at it all day! I am beyond excited to start my postpartum exercising and even more excited to run with my little boy and B.O.B! You can't really run with the B.O.B until the baby is about 8 months but it is compatible with the car seat that I got so we will be doing lots of walking until then!


Life is so good right now! I feel so blessed everyday for all of the great things in my life and the ones to come! Here's the belly :) Until next time!!



xoxo Jessenia + Baby Boy

4 comments:

  1. Aww love the pics of you and your Mom!!! That is great they will come back for the birth! Congrats on getting your Bob!!! You will LOVE it!
    -Jen Bart

    ReplyDelete
  2. You and your mom are so damn cute! Sorry you have such a rough week last week! Seems like it was the week of "new unpleasant pains" for both of us.... Your shower looked like a blast - Mine is in 2.5 weeks! Yay! Here is to hoping the weeks are easier, wishful thinking I know......

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Lol It'll all be worth it in the end :) Hope your shower goes well!

      Delete