Friday, April 23, 2010

Babies, Birds, and Burning Calories

Good Morning! I'm up early today because my sister-in-law is in labor! We are all just waiting for little baby Eli to come now. :)
Yesterday I satisfied my craving to go on an outside run and got to enjoy nature on Earth Day. I mapped out my route using mapquest and parked at the local college parking lot courtesy of my employee parking sticker. From the college to the gym is 1.32 miles. I felt pretty good on the way there but it was pretty hot out. I got there in 13 min. I worked out my legs and did some abs at the gym.
It felt nice to get to the gym and already be warmed up! I only spent about 30 min at the gym and then journeyed on out to run back to my car. I felt better on the way back and and it felt much shorter also. I stopped and took some pictures too. It took me about the same amount of time.
I saw a sandhill crane in the grass and it let me get right up to it to take a picture. I think I could've gotten even closer but I didn't want to get pecked to death on the side of the road. lol.

When I got home I made a post workout green monster shake. The ingredients I used were:

  • 1 cup soy milk (i usually use almond milk)
  • 5 strawberries
  • 1 mini banana
  • 1 scoop of soy protein
  • 1 huge handful of spinach 

It was really good and gave me a ton of energy. It was really nice to run outside after running on the treadmill so much. I guess you never realize how much you miss something until you do it again. I hope everyone has a great weekend!

What are your favorite shake ingredients? 

xoxo Jessenia

1 comment:

  1. Hey,

    We want to give you a chance to get free content for your website. We will write the articles for you, all you have to do is put them on your site, its completely free to you.

    If you ever run out of ideas on what to write about, just come to myfitnesscontent.com and grab an article.

    Each article is completely unique to your site and has never been used or published before. This is a great way to build your website with content, gain more visitors and hopefully in the end, earn some type of revenue off the site.

    With each article you post on your site, we will also build links to that article. This will allow your articles to rank well in google, bringing more traffic to your site.

    Why do we do this? By us helping you, in the end it will also help us. It's a win-win situation. Just take a at our site at http://www.myfitnesscontent.com

    Thank you for your time!

    Patti

    ReplyDelete