Friday, April 23, 2010

Babies, Birds, and Burning Calories

Good Morning! I'm up early today because my sister-in-law is in labor! We are all just waiting for little baby Eli to come now. :)
Yesterday I satisfied my craving to go on an outside run and got to enjoy nature on Earth Day. I mapped out my route using mapquest and parked at the local college parking lot courtesy of my employee parking sticker. From the college to the gym is 1.32 miles. I felt pretty good on the way there but it was pretty hot out. I got there in 13 min. I worked out my legs and did some abs at the gym.
It felt nice to get to the gym and already be warmed up! I only spent about 30 min at the gym and then journeyed on out to run back to my car. I felt better on the way back and and it felt much shorter also. I stopped and took some pictures too. It took me about the same amount of time.
I saw a sandhill crane in the grass and it let me get right up to it to take a picture. I think I could've gotten even closer but I didn't want to get pecked to death on the side of the road. lol.

When I got home I made a post workout green monster shake. The ingredients I used were:

  • 1 cup soy milk (i usually use almond milk)
  • 5 strawberries
  • 1 mini banana
  • 1 scoop of soy protein
  • 1 huge handful of spinach 

It was really good and gave me a ton of energy. It was really nice to run outside after running on the treadmill so much. I guess you never realize how much you miss something until you do it again. I hope everyone has a great weekend!

What are your favorite shake ingredients? 

xoxo Jessenia

No comments:

Post a Comment