Thursday, February 11, 2010

Shrimp Scampi

Hello all! I'm so excited to be starting this new blog. I've been thinking about it for a while and now I'm finally doing it. I'm so excited to share all my ideas, recipes, and workouts with you and I look forward to hearing all yours too!

I'll start with yesterday. I went to the gym and was not very motivated. It happens to the best of us lol. But I still powered through.
- First I did the elliptical machine for 5 minutes.
- Then I did some crunches, pushups and squats. Squats are such a good exersice. Good for your butt!
- After that I decided to do cardio since I lifted the day before. I alternated between jogging, running, and walking every 5 minutes for 30 minutes on the treadmill. I like this kind of cardio because it gives you variety so you don't get bored and it works different muscles between walking and running.

Needless to say it was a good workout and I felt refreshed after but i didn't stretch! tisk tisk. Stretching is so important after a workout so your muscles don't get too tight. It's hard to remember with a busy schedule but I assure you it's worth it. I guess I need to tell myself that lol.

When I got home I made some whole wheat cupcakes. It was my own made up recipe and my first attempt so they weren't the best but I intend on trying until they are good! When I reach that point I promise to post the recipe.

Next, I made dinner. I don't always have very much time to be creative with dinner but I love to cook and I love to see my husband enjoy the food I make ;). Last night I had a bit of time so I made shrimp scampi with whole wheat noodles which is actually very easy and really tasty. All I did was boil the noodles while I sautéed onions, garlic, and shrimp in olive oil in my wok. I added a little garlic salt, nature's seasoning, and oregano. Then once the noodles were done I added them to the ingredients in the wok and stirred it all together with a little more olive oil and that's pretty much it! It was super tasty and healthy. I just have to remember not to go overboard on the olive oil because it is a little fattening. If its too dry you can always add a little water. Oh and btw I LOVE my wok. I think everyone should have one. You can basically cook anything in it!
That's all for now. How do you make shrimp scampi?

xoxo Jessenia

6 comments:

  1. That shrimp looks so good. I am going to try it. Congratulations on your new blog.

    ReplyDelete
  2. hahaha i saw ur tweet about picking a name for a blog and how its so hard and i agree 100% took me like 2 hours of thinkin to find mine but idk about arnolds quote haha idk what i think about it but its whatever lol either way i'm glad u love cooking for ur hubby, u people may think im sexist but i am simply referring to the simple things like this, some women never learn, but most do eventually , that cooking for there man and lil things like that just become satisfying and of course the man always puts in where he needs to (pun-intended bahaha)...no that all wasnt just for the joke, i really meant it...all of it

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yay for first posts! BTW: Adore your blog title :-)

    ReplyDelete