I got the basic outline of what I wanted and ventured out to my pool, which was actually the first time I've gone in my pool since we bought this house 5 months ago! I'm not going to lie, it took me a while to get in because the pool is pretty chilly still but once I was in it felt great.
As per advised in the article I put on my sunscreen and made sure I had water readily available. Dehydration is a big pregnancy no-no. I also followed the article's instructions to warm up and then alternate between cardio and strength training. Here is the basic outline of my 30 min workout:
- 5 min warm up: walking in shallow end, alternating directions.
- Cardio: jog in place in deep end at mid to high intensity for one minute, rest for 30 sec. repeat a few times.
- Strength: step on to first pool step with right foot 10 times - repeat on left side. Step on the pool step from the side with right foot 10 times - repeat on left side.
- Cardio: tread water until tired.
- Strength: leg lifts in deep end - 10 forward on each leg, 10 sideways on each leg, 10 backwards on each leg.
- Cardio: Repeat first cardio.
- Strength: Repeat pool step section.
- Warm down: Swim around :) and don't forget to stretch!
I am so thankful that I have a pool now and I can do fun stuff like this throughout my pregnancy. Since my favorite exercise (running) isn't an option anymore I need some cool workouts. I found this to be much more exciting than walking and also more relaxing.
And I just love Fl :) 81 degrees and sunny today.
Anyone else have any prenatal water exercises?!
xoxo Jessenia + Baby