Thursday, September 27, 2012

3 Weeks



This week has been so fun and I've seen so many changes in my little boy. It's so amazing to watch him grow and change every day and I'm constantly reminding myself to take the time between feeding, changing, and cleaning to just enjoy him.


We've been taking family walks around the neighborhood every night and I really enjoy the time out of the house. It's good exercise for me too until I can start running. Connor really seems to enjoy our walks and always falls asleep.


My mom went back to Honduras after being here for 3 weeks and it was really hard for me. I cried a lot but I'm getting along just fine and talking to her everyday (of course). A friend of mine wrote me on Facebook and said "it's traditionally excepted to freak out when mom leaves" :) I guess I'm not the only one!

The one good thing about my mom not staying with us anymore is that I had to take over all the household duties again. It would seem that this would add to my load and be overwhelming but I've actually been enjoying it because it breaks up my day and makes me feel accomplished.

Connor is eating like crazy as usual and as challenging as it is for me to feel like I'm always feeding him, its such a good feeling to know he is healthy, strong, and growing like he should!


His personality is definitely showing and he's so much like me. My mom said I was a pretty opinionated baby and I guess it's my turn to get what I gave to my mom haha. He's really a good baby but when he wants something he lets you know! I've been learning that I just have to find ways to make him happy and he will be a doll. If I don't do the things to make him happy he's well .. not too happy lol.

This week he hasn't been napping as much as at the beginning and I spent a whole day just trying to get him to sleep and failed. He only napped a total of about 1 1/2 hrs all day. I was frustrated but the next day I decided I needed to get a little more creative. Instead of just holding him and trying to calm him down I tried some other ideas like pushing him around in his stroller, putting him in his swing, and turning on his sound machine.

Guess what?! It worked! Being a new mom isn't always easy but it's so rewarding. Not to mention all the cuddles and love!


Next week Connor will be one month old! Ahhhh so crazy! I love him so much.

xoxo Jessenia

2 comments:

  1. When my mom left after Seth was born, I was so sad- even a bit panicky. You're definitely not the only one! You are such a great mommy, and he is getting so big!

    ReplyDelete